The Aibo ERS-310s were released in September 2001. They were designed by Sony to meet other markets than usual and it was priced at about $700 USD. They were designed to look cute and like a pug. They did very well in Japan however the rest of the world said they were too cute.
The ERS-210 is powered by a 64-bit RISC processor, with 32MB memory. It takes about 5 watts. It is 1.5 kg. It can last up to 1.5 hours. It has a 100,000 pixel CMOS image sensor.
Degrees of freedom (20 dregrees of freedom in total):
- Head: 3 degrees of freedom
- Mouth: 1 degree of freedom
- Leg: 3 degrees of freedom per leg
- Ears: 1 degree of freedom per ear
- Tail: 2 degrees of freedom